Send an appointment request!
What is ear surgery?
Otoplasty, or ear surgery, can improve the form, location, or proportion of the ear. Otoplasty can fix an abnormality in the ear structure that is present at birth or becomes obvious as the child grows. This surgery can also be performed to fix ears that have become deformed as a result of an injury.
Otoplasty restores balance and symmetry to the ears and face, giving them a more natural appearance. Even small malformations can have a significant impact on one’s appearance and self-esteem. If you or your child are bothered by bulging or disfigured ears, you may want to explore plastic surgery.
What conditions might ear surgery help with?
- Adult discontent with previous ear surgery – a condition known as macrotia
- Protruding ears on one or both sides in variable degrees – not connected with hearing loss
Who is a good candidate for ear surgery?
Healthy children who do not have a life-threatening illness or untreated chronic ear infections are suitable candidates for ear surgery.
- Cooperative and follow directions effectively
- Able to articulate their feelings and do not raise reservations when surgery is considered
- Generally, 5 years old, or when a child’s ear cartilage is solid enough for correction
- Healthy teenagers and adults who do not have a life-threatening sickness or medical issues that can delay healing
- Individuals with a positive mindset and specific ear surgery goals
Ear surgery is a highly personal treatment, and you should undertake it for yourself, not to satisfy the demands of others or to conform to some ideal image.
What should I expect during an ear surgery consultation?
Your procedure’s success and safety are highly dependent on your entire candor during your consultation. A lot of questions about your health, desires, and lifestyle will be asked of you.
Prepare to discuss the following topics during your ear surgery consultation:
- Why you want the procedure, your expectations, and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments
- Previous surgeries
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs
Our plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health and any pre-existing health disorders or risk factors
- Take images for your medical record
- Discuss your alternatives and prescribe a treatment plan
- Discuss the likely outcomes of ear surgery as well as any risks or potential difficulties
During your appointment, you can ask your plastic surgeon any questions you have. To assist you, we’ve put together a list of questions to ask your cosmetic surgeon, which you can bring to your ear surgery consultation.
It’s critical to comprehend every facet of your ear surgery. It’s reasonable to be apprehensive about it, whether you’re anticipating a new look or experiencing some preoperative anxiety. Don’t be afraid to express your emotions to your plastic surgeon.
VIP Shuttle Services
You will be welcomed at the airport on your arrival by our VIP English speaking shuttle driver, and then transferred to your pre-booked hotel.
Our doctors operate at some of the most modern and fully equipped private hospitals in Istanbul to ensure the highest quality for our patients’ pre and post-op processes.
We provide life-long medical support for all the patients who have undergone any surgeries under Askeroğlu Health Group.
Your hotel reservation is done as soon as you confirm a surgery date, so you won’t need to go through the hustle yourself! We are here for you!