Who is a good candidate for genital aesthetics surgery?
Good candidates for genital aesthetics surgery include women who are unhappy with the appearance of their genitalia, experience discomfort during physical activity or intercourse, or have functional concerns related to childbirth or aging. It is important for patients to have realistic expectations about the results of the procedure and to be in good overall health.
What happens during genital aesthetics surgery?
Genital aesthetics surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia and can take several hours, depending on the extent of the procedure. During the surgery, the surgeon will make incisions and remove excess tissue or skin, reshape the genitalia, and suture the incisions closed.After the surgery, patients may experience some swelling, bruising, and discomfort, but these symptoms typically subside within a few weeks. It is important for patients to avoid strenuous activities and sexual intercourse for several weeks after the surgery to allow the area to heal properly.
What are the benefits of genital aesthetics surgery?
Genital aesthetics surgery offers numerous benefits for women, including:
- Improved appearance of the genitalia, resulting in increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Alleviation of physical discomfort during physical activity or intercourse.
- Improved sexual satisfaction and the ability to achieve orgasm more easily.
- Correction of functional concerns related to childbirth or aging.
- Long-lasting results, with most patients experiencing a significant improvement in the appearance and function of their genitalia that lasts for many years.
If you are considering genital aesthetics surgery, it is essential to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options and determine if the procedure is right for you.